Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby blankheART » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:53 pm

blankheART

Subject title: blankheART's sketchbook

Hello :D i'm new Here , i Thought i Would post my every day practice sketch or almost everyday :P
i only started from 3 months ago so still not so good , though i been coping art for 3 or 4 years, now i decided to create my own :D also just started digital 3 days ago

starting today , i will post the things i practiced for the day , this day's practice will be up after i finish

Postby magicfanny » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:44 pm

magicfanny

Cant wait to see it :)

Postby Xiphor » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:57 pm

Xiphor

Hey welcome to the forums, excited to see what you have. Posting everyday is a hard endeavor and I wish you best of luck!

Postby blankheART » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:52 pm

blankheART

here is the 1st post :D , i dont know if this was actually my speed or i got slower bec. of digital ,since that i am drawing bigger ones now , well anyway this is some hand poses
AlmostW2hitePaper.png

can't draw anymore , my AC isn't working and im all sweaty right now
so hopefully i will be posting tomorrow's practice at same time

Postby Vetyr » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:00 pm

Vetyr

I love that the first thing you post here is hand studies. So many artists I know are drop-dead terrified of studying/drawing hands, but it's great to see someone bite the bullet and grind them out.
[By the way, for the "no Ref" hand (the one on the right, drawn in purple), that large 'C' curve on the palm should not be there; there's no muscles or bones that protrude in that fashion. Fortunately, it's a little mistake that can be fixed with more studies.]

Postby Kam » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Kam

You're pretty brave to tackle hands early on, I was avoiding them as much as possible until not long ago. if you want a suggestion I think learning the general proportions will help you immensely with hands, they don't look off on these but on the bottom one I noticed the fingers are a bit out of proportion.

Postby blankheART » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:18 am

blankheART

Vetyr wrote:I love that the first thing you post here is hand studies. So many artists I know are drop-dead terrified of studying/drawing hands, but it's great to see someone bite the bullet and grind them out.
[By the way, for the "no Ref" hand (the one on the right, drawn in purple), that large 'C' curve on the palm should not be there; there's no muscles or bones that protrude in that fashion. Fortunately, it's a little mistake that can be fixed with more studies.]

Kam wrote:You're pretty brave to tackle hands early on, I was avoiding them as much as possible until not long ago. if you want a suggestion I think learning the general proportions will help you immensely with hands, they don't look off on these but on the bottom one I noticed the fingers are a bit out of proportion.

yeah , thats why somehow i choose anatomy as something to start with even though every one says its hard , i just like drawing characters ^^

and yeah i guess i over-did the C curve

Postby blankheART » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:44 pm

blankheART

here is today's work , i could have done some more but i got sucked in watching anime :'D
AlmostWhitePaper.png

i will keep practicing feet for two or three more days till i get more comfortable drawing feet ^^

Postby blankheART » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:53 pm

blankheART

here is today's work , i hope it's good
AlmostWhitePaper.png

the three ones that has one star are the same but from different view , so is the two stars , let me know if one view is not right
also i learned something very important today , i learned to save alot..... *sigh* i lost five feet sketches just because the light went out....
now i save every 5 min :D
i wanted to keep drawing more but its 1 am here and i cant picture any more feet poses ..

Postby solarispaints » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:00 am

solarispaints

HEY HEY HEY HEY
If those are no ref
then i'm a nun
Keep it up boi, those feet lookin sexy
M - 18 - High Schooler/Procrastinator

Tumblr : solaris-senpai.tumblr.com/
Instagram : instagram.com/yomamasenpai/

Postby blankheART » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:29 am

blankheART

solarispaints wrote:HEY HEY HEY HEY
If those are no ref
then i'm a nun
Keep it up boi, those feet lookin sexy

HAHAHAHA thanks
and of course i will keep it up :D

Postby blankheART » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:45 pm

blankheART

so today i started practicing gesture , it's really fun as they say , here what i did today , feel free to tell me if something is not quite right
AlmostWhitePaper.png

AlmostWhitePaper2.png

AlmostWhitePaper3.png

AlmostWhitePaper4.png

they are all 5 min sketch , i liked the idea of rushing to sketch the pose , it's makes it really interesting maybe tomorrow i will try 2 min sketches

Postby Xiphor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:07 am

Xiphor

Hey first of all, stuff looks great so far :D

For the gesture drawings I'd say to try and see what the line of action is. Also dont copy from the image as much as it is temping to do, what you are trying to get with gesture drawings is the feel and flow of the gesture not the details. Gesture drawings almost work on a principle of less is more. With time you'll get better at it for sure and you'll see your figures improve too! Also, dont be scared to exaggerate the pose. Just keep at it man!

Postby Markus Creation » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:09 am

Markus Creation

Cool gesture drawings! I know those pictures from Lifedrawing, where I try to copy those people as exact as possible. I should try them as gesture drawings, too!
If you have time and motivation, how about spending 30min or so on one of them to detail it and make it look really awesome and realistic? (this is not a tip on gesture, but cool anyways)

Postby blankheART » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:31 am

blankheART

Xiphor wrote:Hey first of all, stuff looks great so far :D

For the gesture drawings I'd say to try and see what the line of action is. Also dont copy from the image as much as it is temping to do, what you are trying to get with gesture drawings is the feel and flow of the gesture not the details. Gesture drawings almost work on a principle of less is more. With time you'll get better at it for sure and you'll see your figures improve too! Also, dont be scared to exaggerate the pose. Just keep at it man!

oki i will try that in today's practice and thanks for the advice

Postby blankheART » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:35 am

blankheART

Markus Creation wrote:Cool gesture drawings! I know those pictures from Lifedrawing, where I try to copy those people as exact as possible. I should try them as gesture drawings, too!
If you have time and motivation, how about spending 30 min or so on one of them to detail it and make it look really awesome and realistic? (this is not a tip on gesture, but cool anyways)

i actually use sketchdaily to get the pictures , also i could do that if my practice sessions were made of one solid time. you know family, they never leave you when you need yo focus TT

Postby biosphere » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:26 am

biosphere

Great start!

Keep on grinding out stuff. Your fearless approach will serve you well

Postby blankheART » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:10 pm

blankheART

biosphere wrote:Great start!

Keep on grinding out stuff. Your fearless approachwill serve you well

thanks and i will keep on going with no fear

Postby youngyokai » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:34 pm

youngyokai

Hey there, welcome to the forum! First of all, good start on the gestures! That's a must to start on, and to keep consistent in! One thing I should mention is your shaky lines, though. You want your gestures to be nice and smooth, drawing from your wrist, elbow, and shoulder at different times for different angles, strokes, and curves. So one thing you can do is grab a piece of paper and draw a variety of circles and straight lines with your wrist, using just one stroke.
Here's something to get started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaif0PpNMas

Postby blankheART » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:59 pm

blankheART

youngyokai wrote:Hey there, welcome to the forum! First of all, good start on the gestures! That's a must to start on, and to keep consistent in! One thing I should mention is your shaky lines, though. You want your gestures to be nice and smooth, drawing from your wrist, elbow, and shoulder at different times for different angles, strokes, and curves. So one thing you can do is grab a piece of paper and draw a variety of circles and straight lines with your wrist, using just one stroke.

thanks for the advice , definitely gonna practice it

Postby blankheART » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:25 pm

blankheART

youngyokai wrote:Hey there, welcome to the forum! First of all, good start on the gestures! That's a must to start on, and to keep consistent in! One thing I should mention is your shaky lines, though. You want your gestures to be nice and smooth, drawing from your wrist, elbow, and shoulder at different times for different angles, strokes, and curves. So one thing you can do is grab a piece of paper and draw a variety of circles and straight lines with your wrist, using just one stroke.

wow this is great excise , i can tell by trying it once it's going to improve my line art a lot

Postby youngyokai » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:03 pm

youngyokai

wow this is great excise , i can tell by trying it once it's going to improve my line art a lot

I'm glad! Keep it up! Make it a daily routine to follow and you'll have greater results in just about everything you want to do, be it whether you chose painting (brush economy) or inking (thick&thin, line variety, etc.)

Postby Shao » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:11 pm

Shao

from my perspective - gesture drawing is ridiculously dumb thing for beginner
1. you wont draw good gesture - without knowing of basic proportions
2. you wont draw good gesture - without knowing of basic anatomy
but it's only my opinion. Good luck with studies :)

Postby blankheART » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:25 am

blankheART

Shao wrote:from my perspective - gesture drawing is ridiculously dumb thing for beginner
1. you wont draw good gesture - without knowing of basic proportions
2. you wont draw good gesture - without knowing of basic anatomy
but it's only my opinion. Good luck with studies :)

that's right , that's why i did start with the basic human proportions and anatomy :D i planed ahead for 1 year :P

Postby blankheART » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:34 am

blankheART

so here is today gesture practice , they are all 2 min sketches , i hope i'm doing it right cuz half way i started to doubt if i'm making it to simple , but i was only following the advice '' tell the story of the picture with as few lines as you can ''
1st.png

2nd.png

3rd.png

4th.png

5th.png

6th.png

i hope you like it and if there is anything just tell me
now i'm sleepy , good night ZZzzz

Next

Return to Sketchbook