Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby cody.awesome » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:41 am

cody.awesome

Subject title: Happyangryman's sketchbook

Hey, just signed up today. I was looking through your thread and I just wanted to say that your progress is incredible. If the time stamps are accurate, you've improved by leaps and bounds in only like 9 months. This is pretty inspirational, seeing is how hard it is to gauge progress, in my case. Keep up the great work, and I'll be keeping an eye on your stuff.

Postby Happyangryman » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:01 pm

Happyangryman

cody.awesome wrote:Hey, just signed up today. I was looking through your thread and I just wanted to say that your progress is incredible. If the time stamps are accurate, you've improved by leaps and bounds in only like 9 months. This is pretty inspirational, seeing is how hard it is to gauge progress, in my case. Keep up the great work, and I'll be keeping an eye on your stuff.

Thanks buddy, for some reason I still dont feel like I've improved that much :/

Here's a short update, I've been busy with school lately so haven't been able to draw much. Holidays are coming up soon tho and Im still looking for people to do studies with. So if you wanna team up just message me here or add me on skype. Your skill level wont matter at all ^^

You'll prolly notice I haven't finished the rendering and thats cuz I got lazy and gave up on em. Bad habits die hard :/

Spoiler: show

Background is pretty garbage :/

If you've got any questions dont hesitate to ask, I'd gladly answer em.
Feel free to add me on skype if you wanna talk art or just share some tips and tricks. Skype username is same as here
Sketchbook viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9373

Postby NesoKaiyoH » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:23 pm

NesoKaiyoH

Awh. He looks so sad <:/
And don't worry about the background being bad, you have to go through the bad to get to the good afterall XD
What I would point out for this one though is his hair. Hair has a lot of volume and makes the head appear bigger, as it's resting on top. So I'd suggest making the hair 'bigger', if that makes sense..? Good work though, and great progress throughout your thread uwu
20 - F - Student - Future concept artist and manga illustrator!

My Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?t=11533
My deviantART: http://nesokaiyoh.deviantart.com
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/digitalartistrachelwalpole
My ArtStation: http://www.artstation.com/artist/nesokaiyoh

Postby Happyangryman » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Happyangryman

NesoKaiyoH wrote:Awh. He looks so sad <:/
And don't worry about the background being bad, you have to go through the bad to get to the good afterall XD
What I would point out for this one though is his hair. Hair has a lot of volume and makes the head appear bigger, as it's resting on top. So I'd suggest making the hair 'bigger', if that makes sense..? Good work though, and great progress throughout your thread uwu

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.
Yeah, for some reason all my characters end up looking sad. Maybe cuz its an easy expresion to draw ? The whole hair thing makes so much sense, you have this easy to understand way of explaining stuff * wink wink*
Feel free to add me on skype if you wanna talk art or just share some tips and tricks. Skype username is same as here

Postby Happyangryman » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Happyangryman

Another sloppy portrait that took me like 2 hours or something just to get it to this stage.

STUDY PARTNERS WHERE U AT !?!?! MSG ME DAMN IT, I DONT CARE BOUT UR SKILL LEVEL JUST STUDY ART STUFF WITH ME !!!!!

Postby Happyangryman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Happyangryman

more portraits !!!!

Postby Happyangryman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Happyangryman

You guessed it, even more portraits !!!! I really gotta start going out of my comfort zone and also do more studies -.- Some of them aren't finished bcuz I either got to lazy to finish them or I got frustrated and gave up.

Next up we've got some sketches. Not much to say about these. Kinda didn't want to show some of them because of how bad they are.

Last but not least I've got some gestures.

Previous

Return to Sketchbook