Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby PulpPunch » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:09 pm

PulpPunch

Subject title: Pulp's Sketchbook

Here goes the first of hopefully many.

Just by creeping into some of your sketchbooks, I can tell I should be doing more in-depth studies and less looking at the screen and hope for something random to happen, so for my next few practices I’ll be giving that a try. For now, I have a couple of recent sketches, all on SAI.

Any input is very much appreciated, because in all honesty, I'm not sure I know what the hell I'm doing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Design borrowed from this pleasant gentleman.
Dropped when I took a step back and saw it was all over the place. Might retry soon:

Postby PulpPunch » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:29 am

PulpPunch

Miscellaneous stuff.
1.jpg
Brain fart.
3.jpg
2.jpg

Postby yume » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:18 pm

yume

wow, your sketches look really nice! Your girl's faces are so cute <3

Postby PulpPunch » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:28 pm

PulpPunch

yume wrote:wow, your sketches look really nice! Your girl's faces are so cute <3

Thanks! Considering not long ago I was usually (and rightfully) called out on my female characters looking like men with big eyelashes, it is a huge relief to be told that.

Have been visiting a friend for a while and haven’t had the chance to practice as much as I wanted. Since I’m still feeling very lost with what I’m doing, I got myself an anatomy book when I came back and I’m currently going through the lessons. There are many things that are a bit too familiar, but I hear revisiting the basics is not usually a bad idea and I’m looking forward to the more advanced chapters. So that’s where I’m at.
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
10.jpg

Postby sanguine » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:31 pm

sanguine

Wow, I love your sketches!

I love this girl top right: http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh160/Sodloc/Sketches/Oneshot7_zpsvlwbnyuj.jpg
and I love this girl on the left with the cigarette: http://www.sycra.net/forum/download/file.php?id=49570
and that colored torso anatomy model looks great too:)

Postby thereforeisam » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:55 am

thereforeisam

Your style is amazing and I want more of it. Also that kill la kill sketch tickles my funny bone.
Just trying to produce more than I consume.
My Sketchbook

Return to Sketchbook