Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby AkiTalez » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:54 pm

AkiTalez

Subject title: [NSFW] AkiTalez's sketchbook

Hello everyone, glad I'm finally registered on this awesome place!
I'm a 23 years old, drawing since only early January 2016. And I truly fell in love with art!

Well, I know my drawings are kinda bad. Just dreaming one day I can start my own graphic novel or comicbook cause my passion in writing exist too. In fact, I was writing for like 5 years until the realisation came that it's almost impossible to publish a book in my country (and my english is somewhat terrible so I cant do great artistic translations...).

Here you can see some random stuff I've struggled while listening SycraStreams, doing studies of Mr.Pointy God himself, bluefley, Jet and some other random guys =) Enjoy
s8.jpg
s5.jpg
smthing BAD happens with her face...
Last edited by AkiTalez on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby AkiTalez » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:18 pm

AkiTalez

Trying to do some basic values on a girl... Idk what is that urly creature behind her, probably just an attempt to make a simple composition
s9.jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:27 am

AkiTalez

A few more random figures, struggled with faces really hard on those =/ at the end I felt lazy and just left them as they are...
s10.jpg

Postby bonermonkeymilk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:03 pm

bonermonkeymilk

You are pretty dang good for only 2 months. Welcome to the forums.

Postby AkiTalez » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:27 pm

AkiTalez

bonermonkeymilk wrote:You are pretty dang good for only 2 months. Welcome to the forums.

Well thank you very much!

Have another one today, tho her hands just look ugly
s11.jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:37 am

AkiTalez

Some rought poses I drew in the morning
s12.jpg
Last edited by AkiTalez on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Koźlik » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:45 am

Koźlik

Welcome to the forum!
Fice gestures so far! Especially that you're drawing for 2 months :)
I also like your faces. Keep on posting :D
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check my Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on my Twitter and Instagram too.
I do streams sometimes, mostly weekends on my Picarto channel.

Postby AkiTalez » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:07 am

AkiTalez

Koźlik wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Fice gestures so far! Especially that you're drawing for 2 months :)
I also like your faces. Keep on posting :D

I'm very pleased to see that somebody appriciates my drawing, thank you man! I'll post more for sure

Postby youghurt » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:35 pm

youghurt

This stuff is really great, love the gesture, the females look appealing, but the thing that got me is the semi-realistic style, i love it:).
Will any man poses appear here? since i find it much harder do draw a male figure i'm kinda curious how you're gonna handle that. :lol:

Postby AkiTalez » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:35 pm

AkiTalez

youghurt wrote:This stuff is really great, love the gesture, the females look appealing, but the thing that got me is the semi-realistic style, i love it:).
Will any man poses appear here? since i find it much harder do draw a male figure i'm kinda curious how you're gonna handle that. :lol:

Well, I actually dont know... The thing is, I'm kinda new to all that drawing stuff, so I am trying to focus hard on a one thing (female face/body, i guess ^ ^ ), so that's why I dont spend much time on hair or clothing or anyfin else. I've tried to draw few male faces, but of course what a surprise - they all look feminine.

I guess it will be more different stuff in future. I mean, I HAVE to know how to draw males if I wanna to become pro. But my learning process is very slow (almost every pose takes me like 30-60 minutes to draw, as like as some faces), and that thing that Sycra recommend (Iterative drawing) just didn't work for me, at least for now.

Oh yeah, also if you are struggling with males, I would recommend to watch some bluefley vids (Cubebrush on youtube), I think they are very helpful and easy to understand

Postby Drawringer » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:41 pm

Drawringer

2 months? Really? Keep at it man, have you been drawing on and off or did you just start in Jan? This stuff is pretty crazy for only 2 months.

Postby AkiTalez » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:00 pm

AkiTalez

Drawringer wrote:2 months? Really? Keep at it man, have you been drawing on and off or did you just start in Jan? This stuff is pretty crazy for only 2 months.

~10 days traditional, than started to draw digitally when my tablet arrived (around 5-th of january or so...). But i draw like 4-8 hours a day on average, dont know is this a lot or a little...

And no I wasn't drawing (I graduated from finanсial university, so it didn't correlate with art either) and until late december I didn't even thinking about art as a thing.
Thank you anyways!
Last edited by AkiTalez on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Zeroatz » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:57 am

Zeroatz

damn son, haha looking pretty good for a short amount of time of mileage~!
The only critique I had bout it is just the anatomy is bit off, most of the time i think it has to do with the perspective selection.
Because I see most of the drawing you have when you have a common perspective, you more or less nail the anatomy, problem kinda arise when you tried to do dynamic poses :(

Dynamic poses are hard but fun haha
Anyway, keep practicing man~!
A total Idiotic Dreamer :3
My DevianART / My SketchBook

Postby AkiTalez » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:42 am

AkiTalez

Zeroatz wrote:damn son, haha looking pretty good for a short amount of time of mileage~!
The only critique I had bout it is just the anatomy is bit off, most of the time i think it has to do with the perspective selection.
Because I see most of the drawing you have when you have a common perspective, you more or less nail the anatomy, problem kinda arise when you tried to do dynamic poses :(

Dynamic poses are hard but fun haha
Anyway, keep practicing man~!

Yea, you are right. I didn't even know the most of anatomy (lol), so that may be the the cause. I am planning to study it hard in a week or two, but now I'm just kinda trying to realize the picture of female body in general, and then I will apply musculature/bones.
Thank you for critique!

Also have another quick figures (well, it took me an hour and something)
s13.jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:27 pm

AkiTalez

Trying to speed up to overcome my perfectionist's mood, so I've drawn some poses via http://reference.sketchdaily.net/. Not very happy with results, but whatever, I guess it's somewhat valuable for me
s14.jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:47 pm

AkiTalez

Some anatomy and value studies, thought there are several mistakes here
s16_2.jpg

Postby Chimaera » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Chimaera

I have that same perfectionist problem ugh. Just got to power through it and keep drawing though, don't get discouraged by any drawings you might think are shit. They're valuable as long as you're assessing them and learning from the mistakes. Your gestures are looking good.
My names is Skits! I love snakes, skulls and pointy ears~
Sketchbook: http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18367
Tumblr: http://chimaeravigs.tumblr.com/

Postby Insax » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:26 am

Insax

2 months and you're already this good Oo? I wanna curl up into fetus position and cry. Jokes aside, thats amazing man. Just keep pushing yourself everyday and you'll for sure become a master :)

Postby AkiTalez » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:34 pm

AkiTalez

Experimenting with the colors on a greyscale
s17.jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:42 am

AkiTalez

A little bit more rough drawing with http://reference.sketchdaily.net/
s16_s.jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:37 pm

AkiTalez

And more... (well, I spend a bit more time then intended on the last three)
s17(gesture).jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:37 pm

AkiTalez

Fast (~an hour and something) paint I did before going to sleep. Near the end I realized that she looks kinda elf-ish, so I added ears. Looks dirty but whatever I guess, it was super random.

Reminds me Elanee from Neverwinter nights just a little huh...
s18.jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:22 pm

AkiTalez

I was struggling with faces recently. Here three ones at the top are from reference, below the line were from imagination.

Well, ANYTING other then faces was pretty fun
s20.jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:06 pm

AkiTalez

Random stuff in random styles (and again, struggle continues), mostly from reference
s21.jpg

Postby AkiTalez » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:33 pm

AkiTalez

Here I'm drawing some faces from imagination, feels like drawing from reference is almost useless for me, cause in like 50% cases I just turn into copy-mode mashine, which is just not fun at all
s22.jpg

Next

Return to Sketchbook