Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Moe » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:48 am

Moe

Subject title: Moe's Sketchbook(NSFW)

I'm gonna try to finish this lol
WIP.JPG

Postby Moe » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:33 am

Moe

Comic 4.jpg

Postby Moe » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:34 am

Moe

swangart wrote:Yo Moe! Nice sketches!

Thanks bro!

Postby Moe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Moe

quick doodle
Doodle.jpg

Postby Moe » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 am

Moe

asdd
Last edited by Moe on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Steeliebob » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:56 pm

Steeliebob

Aw, poor sarah :(

Postby Moe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 am

Moe

Steeliebob wrote:Aw, poor sarah :(

Karma is a bitch

Postby Telepurte » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Telepurte

Hey that's pretty good! You should colour some of these, I am almost certain it would look great.
You got a knack for telling captivating short stories too.

Is there a reason why you're not using pressure sensitivity for your sketches?
Hey, before you keep browsin', check my art out if you haven't already!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763
http://telepurte.deviantart.com/

Postby Moe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:25 am

Moe

Telepurte wrote:Hey that's pretty good! You should colour some of these, I am almost certain it would look great.
You got a knack for telling captivating short stories too.

Is there a reason why you're not using pressure sensitivity for your sketches?

Thanks, I don't know how to answer that last question other than "I just feel like it". As for coloring and painting in general I plan on tackling it next year. I thought if I just completely focused on drawing I'd be able to improve my drawing skills more quickly but it seems like it just led to stagnation. At the very least, other people can learn from my mistakes. And I'm glad you like my stories, creating short stories has been my predominant focus this year.

Postby Moe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 am

Moe

part1.jpg
part2.jpg
part 3.jpg
part 4.jpg

Postby Moe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:19 am

Moe

Lineweight practice. I wanted achieve a finished line work look for my one-shot project that isn't tedious to make. Ideally in one layer. I've been looking at masashi kishimoto's look and trying to replicate it.
Lineweight practice.jpg

Postby Steeliebob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:03 am

Steeliebob

I like that all the girls you draw seem to have an attitude. :lol: I think it's the contrast between pretty girl and bad ass is what makes them interesting. it just goes against the first expectation witch is always nice. =P

Lines on the last one are looking great, want to see more ! :D

Postby Moe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Moe

Thanks bob!
Studies .jpeg

Postby Ab Captain » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:58 am

Ab Captain

I really love your style of linework, it's so energetic and natural looking! Your sense of anatomy is pretty solid too, keep up the good work!
Tear my art to shreds (Preferably constructively)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90773

Postby Moe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:59 am

Moe

Thanks AB, although anatomy is something I don't feel confident with at all despite having practiced it so much

-----------------------------

So the year has practically come to an end. My goal for this year was to focus on drawing fundamentals and get my feet wet with comics but doing strips and whatnot but I got completely fucked over by diminishing returns. To add insult to injury, I've recently came to the realization that I have ADHD. Over the course of my life, I've taken up multiple hobbies from soccer to martial arts and somewhere around the 2 year mark I completely lose interest in it. When I picked up drawing about 2 and a half years back I thought it would be a lifelong passion but I just have no interest in it anymore. I've recently picked up weight training and broscience and drawing just seems like something I have to do at the end of the day, kinda like washing the dishes. I want to experiment with painting next year and i'm hoping the novelty of painting will maintain my interest.

Postby Bugpal Hopeday » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:56 am

Bugpal Hopeday

Hope your motivation improves. I think everyone finds it difficult at times to commit to a single thing... but if you feel like it's harder for you and your difficulty sustaining attention is the main thing holding you back, honestly consider getting a diagnosis. Diagnosis and treatment can actually be a game changer for people with ADHD.
My sketchbook. Feedback and crits welcome.

Postby Telepurte » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Telepurte

Having ADHD makes persevering with something so much more impressive. You don't necessarily have to stick with art though since it's only one part of life.
You're free to do many many different things, but by doing this, you're also accepting and agreeing to being only "okay" or maybe "good" at everything you try. (Y'know, because it takes a long time to be great at something. I think it's an uplifting thing to remember the full saying of "Jack of all trades, master of none, but still better than the master of one")

As bugpal said, if it's a selfdiagnosis then you probably should get a diagnosis from a qualified doctor since a false self diagnosis can lead to biased decision-making which will probably goof yourself over.
If you in fact have ADHD then don't see it as a burden to hold you back but instead something that can be used for good, and something that will strengthen you as a person.

Moe wrote:As for coloring and painting in general I plan on tackling it next year.

Whether this plan comes to fruition or not is of no importance.
You owe nothing to art and art owes nothing to you, so you're free to do whatever.
Hey, before you keep browsin', check my art out if you haven't already!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763
http://telepurte.deviantart.com/

Postby Moe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Moe

Thanks guys, I decided I'm gonna keep pushing. I'm gonna focus on values and comics this year.
New_canvas.jpg
Gesture studies.jpg
Value_study_2.jpg
Value_study_3.jpg
Value_study_1.jpg
Value_study.jpg

Postby DarkLored123 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:36 pm

DarkLored123

Nice to see that you are back in the game.

Postby rockmor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:34 am

rockmor

Hey, how it's going? Persistence and focus is a difficult thing, and loosing interest from time to time is inevitable. It's great that you decided to keep pushing through.
I like your figures by the way :)

Postby Steeliebob » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Steeliebob

Hi Moe.
I'm gonna pick sided with Rockmor here in that just keeping at it is the hard part.

IMO, taking a brake here and there is fine.
I like to believe that drawing is like playing music (or maybe something like skiing or any other sport) in a sense. If you didn't do it for a couple of years it will be a little awkward at first but after a bit of practice your brain will remember how to do it you're at the same spot that you've originally left of.

Glad to see you posting again because the improvement since you've joined here is real. ^^

Postby jobenjo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 pm

jobenjo

Feel ya friend, Rockmor and steel are absolutely right, the more you stick to it, the better you get at stayin there;
and ive been flipping through your pages again and I still love your anatomy and the quicksketches that you make are super cool
i think you mentioned a few posts back that drawing felt like washing the dishes, and I feel like that hits hard. Finding that driving force that first got you into drawing and kept you there is a hard thing to do, and I hope you can find your determination again or that you find something just as good to move on into.
best of luck my dude
Hope you're having fun drawing, or whatever it is ya do!
My Sketchbook is here: viewtopic.php?t=79758

Postby PitE » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:54 am

PitE

I'm the same way, haha. I've been drawing for 4-5 years and really only one of those years I actually did a lot. I've been pretty passive about art for most of it but I never completely dropped it. Sure I could be technically more capable or be more familiar with old and contemporary masters if I just did art hardcore but I think it's just as important to experience a variety of things. You'd be surprise about how much you can learn about art just from cooking or going to the gym even (Surprisingly I learned more about palettes and value ranges from cooking than I did when I originally tried to learn composition).It's even better if you do a lot of different things with lots of different people since you can discover so many personalities. And don't be afraid of mistakes or taking risks either! Bad decisions make good stories (I got that from a t shirt).

I remember seeing your sketchbook when the thread first started out and I see tons of progress ;) Even if you don't think you can make it, I won't even humor the idea. After you start art, there's no going back. You'll always be an artist. Not doing art doesn't mean you're not an artist.

Postby Moe » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Moe

Thanks guys. Kinda lost with values, I think i'm gonna work through ctrl: paint rendering series and hopefully come back a little better lol
3-1-18 .jpeg
3-2-18.jpeg
3-5-18.jpeg
3-6-18.jpeg
3-19-18.jpeg

Postby Moe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Moe

Not much folks, not much.
Cube Rendering.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook