Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Fantelle » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:17 am

Fantelle

Subject title: Elle Tries To Draw

Vixie wrote:That was really thorough explanaition, thank you! =) And it sounds more student-friendly with switching ´majors´ if you struggle. We have educational system more similar to this in Belgium than in the US, so I get it pretty well :D But we end ´primary school´ (pretty much combo of primary and secondary school in the US) at 15 and then choose school with more specialization, but I´m not aware if we have sorted in categories as you mentioned (ASO/TSO/BSO/KSO). But unfortunately you cannot switch between them, because they are so specialized, so you owuld have to start from year 1 again. And then you are pretty much trapped in the direction you have chones at age 15 and you will most likely do it most of your life =/

eh, sorry for so much off topic rambling :oops: also I´m not very cautios person, so i missed the note under the picture :roll: anyhow, keep up the good job, best luck with school and hope to see more stuff on your blog :D

No problem at all. And it is. There are very few people that actually stay in the same 'major' their whole student life. Your system sounds stressful! Or at least I'd have stress knowing that there was no going back after my choice. u.u

That's okay! Thank you and I'd say the same about you :)

Postby bszijlstra » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:11 pm

bszijlstra

Fantelle wrote:

>> Day 3: Favorite Food (took way too long to make this crap, got really sick of it)

Maybe (probably) a bit late but yay for flying spaghettimonster with his noodly appendage! Keep up the good work :)

Postby Mouton-Noir » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Mouton-Noir

Oh, I like the lights on your land paintings, theese are so good.
Demain on prendra l'temps d'regretter c'qu'on a fait la veille

Postby Fantelle » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Fantelle

bszijlstra wrote:Maybe (probably) a bit late but yay for flying spaghettimonster with his noodly appendage! Keep up the good work :)

Mouton-Noir wrote:Oh, I like the lights on your land paintings, theese are so good.

Thank you both!

Okay .. finally I have the time to update. Unfortunately, most of the artistic class teachers like to keep our work for very extended amounts of time. So all I can show you
    currently is the work from the teacher that does return it and my sketchbook.

Starting with my sketchbook (in chronological order). A lot of improvement here. I apologize for the terrible scans x.x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And then the work from our observational drawing class. We've basically only drawn a bunch of boxes so far (all freehand of course.. xD).

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And lastly - all the digital work I've had time to do since the beginning of school /hides in shame

ImageImage

Pffft I love the school I go to, I really do, but the days are so long for me. I go out the door at 6.30am and I come home at 6.30pm. And however much I
    miss being active here, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to for a good while. So I'll just spam you with huge posts now and then. xD

Postby Oli » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:29 pm

Oli

nice pencil shadings! for a sketches it is cool, however, I suggest to push the values a bit more for practice reasons (might also be the scan...). nice stuff anyway!
My sketchbook | My dA | My Facebook

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Postby DancewithSHINee » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:08 pm

DancewithSHINee

Woah I love the pose and colors in that girl, I hope you finish it 'cause I'd love to see it o:
"I'm Number 2, looking for a girlfriend who can make bombs and good food."
14 y/o
Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17060
Tumblr: http://dancewithshinee.tumblr.com/

Postby Fantelle » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:58 pm

Fantelle

Oli wrote:nice pencil shadings! for a sketches it is cool, however, I suggest to push the values a bit more for practice reasons (might also be the scan...). nice stuff anyway!

Thanks a lot! Yeah .. I'm having a lot of trouble with my values in traditional work. For observational drawing my score is currently around 50% because I just can't figure it out. x.x

DancewithSHINee wrote:Woah I love the pose and colors in that girl, I hope you finish it 'cause I'd love to see it o:

Thank you! I hope so too ~ fullbodies scare me and I've never been able to fully render one. u.u

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Doing more personal work atm - woop woop!!
    In order: WIP dragon bust, WIP alien for CDC, WIP character concepts for a friend and a finished contest submission of a fox character. C:

ImageImage

Postby Fantelle » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Fantelle

Was really hoping we'd get back all our paintings from the first trimester before the exams .. but unfortunately that
    isn't the case. So I snuck a picture of my latest work before handing it in, an eagle in black and white with watercolors. ^^

Will post more of my recovered work after the exams. C:

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:25 pm

Ambiguity

I like where that horse portrait was going, you can really feel the depth because you put almost no detail on the hindquarters.

About your boxes, where you told to make them orthographic? If not, I really think they'd benefit from having more convergence.

Postby Fantelle » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Fantelle

Ambiguity wrote:I like where that horse portrait was going, you can really feel the depth because you put almost no detail on the hindquarters.

About your boxes, where you told to make them orthographic? If not, I really think they'd benefit from having more convergence.

Thank you!! And yeah -- that's probably a good idea. xD

____________________________________________________________________________________

I hate hate hate hate hate this. I finally get more comfortable traditionally (will post
    some of that this weekend) and now when I try to do a digital piece again it's like I've
    forgotten how the hell to work with photoshop. Grr, so frustrated. x.x

Postby Fantelle » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:52 pm

Fantelle

Here's the traditional work I've been doing - in chronological order.

ImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage

Postby Vixie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:55 pm

Vixie

Hello. How are you? Have a nice Day. I'm socially awkward, sorry.
Sketchbook / Tumblr / deviantArt / Skype - if you'd like to chat: vixie.illustration

Postby perkexpert » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:50 pm

perkexpert

Nice progress fantelle....really like those crazy faces!
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artofhannesmangelsdorf/
Homepage: www.perkexpert.com

Postby SlimRock » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:23 am

SlimRock

Cool sketchbook, keep at it. Keep the Art alive :)

Postby Fantelle » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Fantelle

Thank you guys a lot!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I gave up on my Epic Santa illustration, maybe I'll come back to it one day.
    Painted a self portrait to make up for it this morning, aprox 2-3 hours. Lost
    my patience at the end and so deemed it as finished. It's painted from a
    photograph, side-by-side. Colorpicked the flats.

Postby Fergato » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Fergato

It's been a while since I visited your post, and I can see a lot of improvements!
I love that eagle piece, it looks cool!
Our learning path never ends... Keep practicing.

My Instagram.

Postby Exilious » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Exilious

Those faces are bomb. I love how creepy you made some of them look, especially the one with the clamps attached to the mouth and eyelids. That one is the equivalent of nightmare fuel. ;-;
Hey there! My name is Jeoffrey Robinson, but you can call me Jeff, or anything you feel comfortable with. I have been drawing for nearly a year now, and am just getting back from a long hiatus. I am eager to start improving again and finally get good with art!

My journey through art~[/b]

Postby Fantelle » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Fantelle

Thank you both!! *-* <3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've been doing mainly commissions lately, and having a lot of fun with it. :)

Image Image Image

School is also going better. We recently tried color pencils for observational drawing
    and I was expecting a huge failure since I've never used color pencils before, but prior
    digital knowledge blessed me and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Postby Fantelle » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:34 pm

Fantelle

Phew, been a while since I posted. Really want to become active here again, going to try my best. ;^;

Here's some of my recent traditional work, a bunch of sketches and a painting (too lazy to scan, don't know why they're turned sry).

ImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    ImageImage

And two digital things, a finished commission and a wip personal piece.

ImageImage

Postby Fantelle » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:29 pm

Fantelle

Really like this guy :D

Postby Oli » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Oli

them pencil work looks cool! really nice progress.
My sketchbook | My dA | My Facebook

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Postby Fantelle » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Fantelle

Thanks Oli ^-^

- - -

More portraits, pretty happy with the purple-haired guy.

ImageImage

I am glad I'm doing so many, because y'know mileage. I know my construction and form is getting better through doing so many.
    But I feel that they're getting boring, losing interest and appeal. I don't know. I'm going to be starting a new, more personal project
    soon, and I'm curious to see if my personal work will be more interesting than commissions. Let's wait and see.

Postby Fantelle » Tue May 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Fantelle

I've barely shared anything from my painting class this year, because the teacher refuses to
    return our work. So I made sure to snap a photo of my red pepper when I saw it on the wall.
    Random post, but I actually really liked this study. It only took me about 1hr30min, which I
    was ecstatic about (less work at home xD). Ignore the fact that my blacks are so intense. ;^;

Postby Fantelle » Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 am

Fantelle

Finally see a possibility for improvement, a potential path to success.

Postby Apeiron » Mon May 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Apeiron

Ooh I really like that head painting. The way you curved your brush strokes around the forms of the head makes it feel very believable without needing too much extra rendering. hey why are the colors so dark tho some people like to browse the forum at low phone brightness >:[
I'm kidding, of course ;P
I draw dudes. Here http://sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18808 is the location of my sketchbook where you can see me draw dudes.

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook