Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Fantelle » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Fantelle

Subject title: Elle Tries To Draw

Image Image Image

Hi! I'm Elle and I was born a little more than 18 years ago in Ghent (Belgium). I've drawn traditionally
    for about 6 years and digitally for 4 years. I enjoy drawing organic matter the most, while buildings
    and mech are hell. I keep this top description up to date, but feel free to scroll down for my old art ;)

My DeviantArt | My Instagram | My Tumblr
Last edited by Fantelle on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Postby Fantelle » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Fantelle

I am going to do this drawing challenge in January, and I'm drawing as many pieces in advance as I can as school starts again in January and I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish them. I modified the challenge slightly, so I am now only making sketches instead of full paintings (I want to make sure I can actually keep up).

Critique is allowed and appreciated on this entire series!

>> Day 1: Yourself

Postby Fantelle » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Fantelle

I am going to do this drawing challenge in January, and I'm drawing as many pieces in advance as I can as school starts again in January and I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish them. I modified the challenge slightly, so I am now only making sketches instead of full paintings (I want to make sure I can actually keep up).

>> Day 2: Favorite Animal (snow leopard, too lazy to color)

Postby PostBoxRomance » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:01 am

PostBoxRomance

Hi, welcome!

It's good to see that you're challenging yourself, it's one of the best ways to keep your imagination ticking over :)

I like your snow leopard, the only thing I'd suggest is to stretch out one of its front legs like you've done with its rear legs. But otherwise, nice job!

I look forward to seeing more from you :D
My sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2033&start=0

25 years old, artist, web designer and pretending to know what I'm doing.

Postby Fantelle » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:23 am

Fantelle

PostBoxRomance wrote:Hi, welcome!

It's good to see that you're challenging yourself, it's one of the best ways to keep your imagination ticking over :)

I like your snow leopard, the only thing I'd suggest is to stretch out one of its front legs like you've done with its rear legs. But otherwise, nice job!

I look forward to seeing more from you :D

Thank you! I'm going to use some of my favorite sketches from the challenge and turn them
into completed paintings. If I choose this one, I'll definitely keep your advice in mind. ^^

Postby Fantelle » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Fantelle

>> Day 3: Favorite Food (took way too long to make this crap, got really sick of it)

Postby Fantelle » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:50 pm

Fantelle

>> Day 4: Favorite Place

Postby Fantelle » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Fantelle

>> Day 5: Best Friend (didn't turn out so alike, she's much prettier in real life)

Postby Fantelle » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Fantelle

>> Day 6: Favorite Book Character (Miss Peregrine)

Postby Fantelle » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:38 am

Fantelle

>> Day 7: Favorite Word ('twinkle', was meant to be Tinkerbell but couldn't finish Cx)

Postby GoggleFace » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:42 am

GoggleFace

I really like the flying spaghetti monster! Good luck with the challenge :)

Postby Fantelle » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:50 am

Fantelle

GoggleFace wrote:I really like the flying spaghetti monster! Good luck with the challenge :)

Thank you! <3

Postby Fantelle » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:09 pm

Fantelle

>> Day 7: Favorite Animated Character (I know it's not perfect, but it was so fun to draw that I couldn't care! :D)

Postby Fantelle » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Fantelle

Laid off the challenge for a while as school started, as school = depression = meds = no motivation to draw.
I'm back though, started a couple of things and just as frustrated with both! I'm so impatient, and hate when things take a long time to look good.

Also finished this for school.
Spoiler: show

Postby Maty » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Maty

Hey, I like the composition of that last two pictures a lot. They are somehow calming to look at. Don't beat yourself up if things are not going fast enough, it will only get you frustrated. What I usually do is working on many pieces at once, so if I can't look at one drawing anymore I can take a break from it and work on something else for a wile.

Postby Fantelle » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:35 pm

Fantelle

Maty wrote:Hey, I like the composition of that last two pictures a lot. They are somehow calming to look at. Don't beat yourself up if things are not going fast enough, it will only get you frustrated. What I usually do is working on many pieces at once, so if I can't look at one drawing anymore I can take a break from it and work on something else for a wile.

Thank you for this! I was quite unsure about the composition of the first one, but
I'm glad you like it! Not a bad idea actually, definitely something I'll attempt. ^^ x

Postby Fantelle » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:02 am

Fantelle

Lisavdb wrote:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxmy entry: Meet Sir Rothensville: Monster Boy. Aristocrat. Villain.

This boy has a long history, one which I'll try to explain simply. In April 1850, a baby boy named Red Rothensville was born. He had a fairly
normal and careless childhood, being born to an aristocratic family saves one a lot of trouble. Though soon, he started having nightmares.
They worsened for every year that went by, and multiplied in numbers much like germs. His father took him to all sorts of doctors, and all
assured him that it was a phase. Soon though, Sir Rothensville started hearing voices. One voice in particular, the voice of a demon 'Meralda',
mesmerized him. He talked to her day in and day out, and soon fell in love with the voice. On his 23rd birthday, Meralda told him that she
wanted to stay with him forever, but that it was getting tiring to hide from him. Demons weren't allowed to show themselves to humans, it
would cause great trouble for both. So she told him that the only way their relationship would work was to blind Sir Rothensville, and already
blinded by love, he agreed. But please don't feel sorry for Sir Rothensville. Demons need to eat, and to enjoy dinner with his love, Sir R invites
elderly, mentally wicked and sick or damaged human beings to his home. It's a pleasure to have introduced you. -- Progress gif here.

Quoting what I said on the CDC2 thread because I'm lazy. I'm definitely out of the rankings as it is a terribly boring drawing, but I do think
I fell in love with the character, so I'll keep him! Apart from the concept of the character there's not much I like about the painting. I do
appreciate that it's of a similar style of my previous works though, finally I feel like I'm getting to my own personal thing. Here's another
one of my paintings for comparison:

Spoiler: show

Postby Fantelle » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Fantelle

Finished my tiny studies today! The first few took me about 20 minutes and by the last
    two I was finishing them in 5 minutes. I also feel that I got more confident for each one
    I did. Definitely something you should try out if you haven't yet! I will be doing more of
    these. :3

I completed them in the order of: left row (up->down) and then right row (up->down).
    So I started with the top left and finished with the bottom right.

Postby Shifter » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Shifter

Oh, you are going along with ctrl+paint, good choice ^^
Quite good tiny studies. The clouds in first row, rocky coast in 3rd and the red thing in last one.. are closest ones by my opinion. Keep on the road and keep on going, great road ahead of ya :D

ps: that font color you are using is hard to read D:
Check out my sketchbook and leave a comment, I don't bite.. yet ^^

Watch me on deviantART or I'll bite you C:

Postby Fantelle » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Fantelle

Shifter wrote:Oh, you are going along with ctrl+paint, good choice ^^
Quite good tiny studies. The clouds in first row, rocky coast in 3rd and the red thing in last one.. are closest ones by my opinion. Keep on the road and keep on going, great road ahead of ya :D

ps: that font color you are using is hard to read D:

Thank you! I had a lot of fun doing these :D
    (sorry about the font color, changed it!)

Postby butterscotts » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:40 pm

butterscotts

I like your sketch style, very fun. I second the ctrlpaint website, full of great video tutorials. Also check out these if you haven't yet.
Anthony Jones how to study video
Feng Zhu's Design Cinema
Level Up youtube
Eric needs to DRAW DRAW DRAW

- Sycra SB

-Permanoobs SB

- CA.org SB

- DA page

Postby Fantelle » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Fantelle

Thank you for both the feedback and the links! They are always very helpful! :) x
    Also, I found some stuff from my art class last year ... *cringes*

ImageImage

ImageImage

Postby Fantelle » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Fantelle

Meet Myrah, the only kid who isn't allowed to bring her pet on
    "bring your pet to school day" (and she is clueless to why). ;D

inspired by

Postby Fantelle » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Fantelle

Started my new 11 x 15 sketchbook yesterday! It's so tiny and cute ;VV;
    I feel much more comfortable with this small format than my big F4,
    which is a very intimidating sketchbook really.

This small one costed me 3€ (3,5$), and is worth the price. The paper
    is too thin to ink though, so I'll mainly be doing pre-digital sketches
    and concepts. Looking forward to draw in this one. :)

Postby Fantelle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:04 am

Fantelle

Another sketchbook sketch and a finished character design for a contest.
    I recently discovered that I really enjoy drawing animals. Should definitely go
    to the zoo and do some sketching again. ^U^

Next

Return to Sketchbook