Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby z4m97 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:54 pm

z4m97

Subject title: Nishrek's sketchbook

theyre nice, but i think youre overworking it a bit, you dont need to add every single detail (aka nails and knuckle wrinkles) its about form not details, a simplified hand looks like a hand even without nails and even with 4 fingers insted of 5... we tend to think that detail will make our drawings better, but first of all you need to understand the form, id recommend you to study the anatomy at its simplest form (cubes spheres and cylinders) before actually trying to portray every single muscle, wrinkle and stuff...:D

Postby Nishrek » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Nishrek

z4m97 wrote:theyre nice, but i think youre overworking it a bit, you dont need to add every single detail (aka nails and knuckle wrinkles) its about form not details, a simplified hand looks like a hand even without nails and even with 4 fingers insted of 5...

Well many of them are already simplified, but yeah I have to work more on a basic shapes and perspective
Small update today. I still follow Nicolaides' book, so here we have an excercise from this. It is again modeled drawing" but this time it is with ink (a pen in my case)
Below are two drawings of a cat, one with pen, one with pencil. Yeah I noticed later that the former has screwed proportions :/
Reference photo
Spoiler: show

BTW anybody has some good exercises how draw fur/hair with pencli?
My sketchbook. Weird and mundane things
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10968

Previous

Return to Sketchbook